Cura-Care’s short break service aims to give your child some quality time out, usually on fun activities, with our support staff, giving you a well deserved rest from your caring responsibilities.
We support children with learning & physical disabilities and those who are on the Autistic Spectrum.
We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission to provide personal care should your child need any help with this. We are also closely audited by DMBC as most Short Break support is organised through them.
We match our support workers closely with the needs of your child right from the start, so that you can be confident your child is with someone who, primarily, understands them and can connect with them in a wholesome way.
Our team are fully qualified and trained in many areas, and you can be assured that safety is upmost on our wish-list for your child. Your child’s smile is how we measure our success!
As part of the short break offer for Doncaster, we organise some afterschool and weekend activities from time to time, maybe your child took part in our café experience or sensory music groups?
We recognise the importance of keeping your child safe while they are with us, and we do this by:
- Regular training for staff in Safeguarding children
- Staff meet 1:1 with managers monthly in a supervision session, safeguarding is on the agenda
- Rigid reporting processes for staff
- Robust management strategies for dealing with any safeguarding incidents
- Continual contact with Doncaster’s Safeguarding Children Partnership
- DBS checks for all staff
- Risk assessments where children are known to take part in dangerous activities
- Thorough recruitment checks of new staff
- Team meetings frequently to share information and risk strategies
- 2:1 support where children are known to need additional safety measures
- and more…..
Cura-Care managers will always discuss our concerns with you unless we feel that by doing so, we will put a child at risk. So if you would like any further information about how we manage your child’s safety please talk to the management team by calling 01302 887222.